Tulsa Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post SoA: RxDW, Med Red, Sligh

+4
snoozeallday
GerryT
Solomon
aceben3
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Post SoA: RxDW, Med Red, Sligh - Page 2 Empty Re: Post SoA: RxDW, Med Red, Sligh

Post  aceben3 Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:34 pm

You probably have to play 3 Torments. I'd want 4 Soul Snuffers for Kithkin, maybe some Firespouts too. Maybe Fulminator Mage or Thoughtseize against control/slow decks? Unwilling Recruit seems good. I dislike Manabarbs because it's so bad against Halo.
aceben3
aceben3
Admin

https://tulsamagic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post SoA: RxDW, Med Red, Sligh - Page 2 Empty Re: Post SoA: RxDW, Med Red, Sligh

Post  Tony H Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:00 pm

sorry dude i have plans for demi's big ass !!!!!!! nice deck though its gonna suck playing something with answers to finks

Tony H

Back to top Go down

Post  aceben3 Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:32 pm

Goblin Deathraiders seems like a perfectly fine two-drop.
aceben3
aceben3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Solomon Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:43 am

-2 Aunties Hovel, +2 Reflecting Pool. What do you guys think of Oona's Prowler in the 2cc slot? Iffy?
Solomon
Solomon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  aceben3 Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:38 pm

Seems 100% worse than Deathraiders and I don't think you need another two-drop. I could be wrong though.
aceben3
aceben3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Solomon Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:45 pm

You confirmed what I thought when I saw a list with Prowler in it.
Solomon
Solomon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Solomon Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:59 pm

Revised list...

Crakdos by Solomon

4 Ashenmoor Gouger
4 Demigod of Revenge
4 Figure of Destiny
4 Hell's Thunder
4 Stigma Lasher

4 Blightning
4 Flame Javelin
4 Incinerate
4 Magma Spray

2 Ghitu Encampment
4 Graven Cairns
12 Mountain
2 Reflecting Pool
4 Sulfurous Spring

SB:
3 Everlasting Torment
4 Soulsnuffers
4 Thoughtseize
4 Unwilling Recruit
Solomon
Solomon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Solomon Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:44 am

The Stigma Lasher is sic if you play first and get a swing through. Pretty much it's game over for control decks... that lack Story Circle! I suggest Needle in the board to help with Circle though Bant Charm can undo that. Pretty good deck. Hell's Thunder is so underestimated! If anyone want's to trade them to me then let me know.
Solomon
Solomon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  aceben3 Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:12 pm

I think I like Redcap better than Blightning and Ram-Gang better than Hell's Thunder. I should probably try Hell's Thunder first though.

Everlasting Torment also takes care of Story Circle.
aceben3
aceben3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Solomon Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:45 pm

I think after board, RDW has an uphill battle with Runed Halo, Condemn, +1 Esper Charm vs. 5 Color Control. I wonder if it's worth putting a couple of Pithing Needle for Circle in addition to Everlasting Torment? I'll have to try the Redcap's and Siege Gang in the SB.
Solomon
Solomon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  aceben3 Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:04 am

In GerryT's article from today he posts the following list, which Chadwick McKenzie used to win a Cruise Qualifier:

4 Ashenmoor Gouger
4 Demigod Of Revenge
4 Figure Of Destiny
4 Hell's Thunder
4 Mogg Fanatic
4 Vexing Shusher

4 Flame Javelin
4 Incinerate
4 Magma Spray

15 Mountain
4 Fire-lit Thicket
3 Ghitu Encampment
2 Karplusan Forest

Sideboard:
4 Fulminator Mage
3 Everlasting Torment
4 Naturalize
4 Firespout

Note that there are 11 cards in the board which do a pretty good job against 5cc. My only gripe would be, at that point, what are you boaring out? Probably 4 Mogg Fanatics, I guess 4 Incinerates, then what? My knee jerk reaction is to trim 2 Hell's Thunder and 1 Flame Javelin since it's often good but probably the most common card named for the second Halo. Anyway, this list is apparently good.
aceben3
aceben3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Solomon Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:12 pm

I really hate md Vexing Shusher! I just don't think it's good unless you are going against shite loads of control(obv it worked for that guy!) If you are facing a decent amount of aggro then he is just a grizzly bear that does nothing. Besides, RDW should have enough burn to win game one and the SB to win the rest.
Solomon
Solomon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tulsatrey Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:00 am

4 Ashenmoor Gouger
4 Figure Of Destiny
4 Mogg Fanatic

4 Manamorphose
4 Exploding Borders
4 Flame Javelin
4 Incinerate
4 Lash Out
4 Banefire
1 Shock

12 Mountain
4 Fire-lit Thicket
4 Forest
1 Swamp
1 Plains
1 Island

Sideboard:
4 Fulminator Mage
4 Vexing Shusher
3 Magma Spray
4 Volcanic Fallout

Please help me with this.

Considering replacing two Mountain with two Karplusan Forest and trading Lash Out for Rampant Growth.

Should the Gougers be Ram-Gangs? They would be better against Rhox War Monks, and I am worried about life gain. Should I just run Stigma Lasher?
tulsatrey
tulsatrey

http://www.tulsamusicpulse.com

Back to top Go down

Post  aceben3 Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:37 am

Exploding Borders seems really terrible as just a Tribal Flames to the face. It's not really useful for fixing your mana either, since there are cheaper ways to do that, and if you're trying to ramp into a fatty you don't need a Lava Axe anyway.

I'm not sure how I'd build a red deck to beat Spectral Procession decks and 5-color control, but it would probably involve the B/R 2/2 pro white Goblin. I hate both Siege-Gang and Demigod right now, would rather play Beacon of Destruction probably. Banefire might make that unnecessary. Stigma Lasher is probably out with the new 2-drop, likely Shusher too. I actually think Redcap is fine, but I don't know if you want to be a burn deck, midrange deck, or what.
aceben3
aceben3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tulsatrey Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:26 pm

The idea was a burn deck, with an obvious finisher in Banefire. I liked Exploding Borders because it dealt damage to the face while powering up Banefire for the win.

How would you build a burn deck right now? Would you maindeck Volcanic Fallout? Make it straight black-red with the new 2-drop and blightning?
tulsatrey
tulsatrey

http://www.tulsamusicpulse.com

Back to top Go down

Post  aceben3 Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:31 pm

probably no maindeck Volcanic Fallout, yes Blightning.
aceben3
aceben3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2