Tulsa Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its happened again, I need a deck to play.

+3
aceben3
Solomon
SilkyJohnson
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Its happened again, I need a deck to play. Empty Its happened again, I need a deck to play.

Post  SilkyJohnson Thu May 15, 2008 10:58 am

Well the big IT happened again, after having to play 2 revelliark decks last night I have come to the conclusion that big manaquin is no longer good enough to play in standard. The question is, what to play now? I reckon I might as well either play faeries or cheezy revelliark combo since they seem to be the two most broken decks in the format as of right now. What do you guys think?
SilkyJohnson
SilkyJohnson

Back to top Go down

Its happened again, I need a deck to play. Empty Re: Its happened again, I need a deck to play.

Post  Solomon Thu May 15, 2008 11:19 am

Your welcome to play Faeries. I'll give you the deck at FNM and you can hold on to it as long as you like. You should play some warm up games to get the rhythm of it but other than that, it's not hard to play.
Solomon
Solomon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Its happened again, I need a deck to play. Empty Re: Its happened again, I need a deck to play.

Post  SilkyJohnson Thu May 15, 2008 12:35 pm

Mm, won't be playing FNM this week but you could possibly leave the deck with Adrian or Ben that would be awesome.
SilkyJohnson
SilkyJohnson

Back to top Go down

Post  Solomon Thu May 15, 2008 1:47 pm

I'll leave it with Ben.
Solomon
Solomon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SilkyJohnson Thu May 15, 2008 3:44 pm

Thanks Jessie, appreciate it. Anywho, was just reading some SSG stuff and stumbled across a deck that looks right at home with what I like to play, and as ben suggested to me last night with block, it is a Doran based mid-range board control/aggro deck.

4 Finks
4 Llan Elves
4 Ronom Unicorn
4 Tarmogoyf
4 Doran

4 O-ring
4 Mana Title
4 Terror
2 Thoughtsieze
4 Bitterblossom

2 Plains
4 Caves of Koilos
4 Gilt Leaf Palace
4 Horizon Canopy
2 Llanowar Wastes
1 Bosk
4 Treetop Village
1 Pendlehaven
SilkyJohnson
SilkyJohnson

Back to top Go down

Post  aceben3 Thu May 15, 2008 5:11 pm

...but you beat me 0-2. stfu.

but seriously, it's not a terrible idea for you to play some decks you don't really like. maybe if you try them you'll like them. i have a theory that all anyone really wants out of a deck is to win. past a certain point, you also want to feel like you are outplaying/owning your opponents, but i don't think you care about that.

that doran deck is ok. there are some wierd cards in it, i think by now you know what is standard and what isn't. i'm not gonna say they're bad, but i think it's overadjusting to faeries and probably not even doing it the right way. there are a ton of other good decks in the format. there was not a single faerie deck last night out of like 15-20 people. just play the good stuff like birds, profane command, etc and i think you should beat a lot of people.
aceben3
aceben3
Admin

https://tulsamagic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Solomon Thu May 15, 2008 5:50 pm

I bet that deck was made by Feldman my arch-enemy! It's got his jankiness written all over it! Why that SOB... he'll rue the day he faced me!!! Razz
Solomon
Solomon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  aceben3 Thu May 15, 2008 10:52 pm

lol, what's your deal with feldman? agree about the jankiness though.
aceben3
aceben3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  aceben3 Thu May 15, 2008 11:01 pm

oh yeah, and i don't think big mannequin is bad. the plan for last night was for you to play faeries and me to play your big mannequin deck. i mean it's not the greatest against reveillark but there shouldn't be a TON of that, the deck isn't good against faeries. imo there are just a ton of green decks in general in the local metagame which is somewhat good for reveillark.
aceben3
aceben3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Solomon Fri May 16, 2008 7:32 am

Feldman is better than me in general but I don't think he is near good enough to write articles, let alone premium articles! He should write some crap for TCG Player. I mean, Sanchez is miles better than him.
Solomon
Solomon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SilkyJohnson Fri May 16, 2008 8:06 am

Man, I don't think I've seen Jessie dislike anybody this much other than Farrel. Anywhom, if you want to play manaquin I can leave it at adrian's before I head out of town today.
SilkyJohnson
SilkyJohnson

Back to top Go down

Post  Solomon Fri May 16, 2008 9:20 am

Correction: Ferret!
Solomon
Solomon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SilkyJohnson Fri May 16, 2008 12:37 pm

lol!
SilkyJohnson
SilkyJohnson

Back to top Go down

Post  aceben3 Sat May 17, 2008 1:08 am

lol, he is nowhere near as bad as sanchez. nobody is that bad.
aceben3
aceben3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Solomon Mon May 19, 2008 7:21 am

Sanchez is a better player than Feldman and he's funny. Feldman's got nothing on him. But hey! Why am I wasting time. I think Big Mannequin is good but it needs updating.
Solomon
Solomon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  snoozeallday Mon May 19, 2008 10:45 pm

I dont know who any of these fucking people are.
snoozeallday
snoozeallday

http://www.myspace.com/jkassem

Back to top Go down

Post  Solomon Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:53 am

Someone hand me a deck to play at the next FNM. I've even thought of buying 2 Precons and making a shitty deck to play. I'm desperate!
Solomon
Solomon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  snoozeallday Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:25 pm

Solomon wrote:Someone hand me a deck to play at the next FNM. I've even thought of buying 2 Precons and making a shitty deck to play. I'm desperate!

I'm playing at wizards on friday night, but if you're up there you can play with the deck i used at regionals.
snoozeallday
snoozeallday

http://www.myspace.com/jkassem

Back to top Go down

Post  samthevindicator Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:02 am

Feldman is better than me in general but I don't think he is near good enough to write articles, let alone premium articles! He should write some crap for TCG Player. I mean, Sanchez is miles better than him.

BULLSHIT!!!1

having played vs. both of them i can assure you that feldman is in fact miles better than sanchez. feldman writes very good articles, and sanchez writes pointless crap with gay pics
samthevindicator
samthevindicator

Back to top Go down

Post  Solomon Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:37 am

I would like to try the Assassins deck tonight if I can get all the cards.
Solomon
Solomon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Solomon Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:36 am

Well, it looks like I might not be able to play 5 Color Control Friday due to lack of cards so I'm wondering if anyone has ideas? I was thinking a Rakdos deck but I don't have any Hell's Thunder or Demigods. Let me know.
Solomon
Solomon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  aceben3 Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:45 pm

Wow, I guess Shards is legal this Friday Sad

I'm gonna be partying so you can use whatever I've got. I think it's shitty that Shards is legal before the release event.
aceben3
aceben3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tulsatrey Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:57 pm

Was the last week for timespiral/coldsnap last week? I thought it was still legal this week.
tulsatrey
tulsatrey

http://www.tulsamusicpulse.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Solomon Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:59 pm

I agree that they should not have FNM before the release! A week after would have been fine.

Tonight is the last day for Timespiral/Coldsnap.
Solomon
Solomon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SilkyJohnson Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:21 pm

And I don't plan on playing Sad BuhBye tarmogoyf, ye will be missed Sad
SilkyJohnson
SilkyJohnson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next