Tulsa Magic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decks to Beat: Next Level Blue

+2
Solomon
aceben3
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Decks to Beat: Next Level Blue - Page 2 Empty Re: Decks to Beat: Next Level Blue

Post  DSqUaReD44 Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:34 pm

spike is always good. its always a card to pitch to chrome mox to get u off the read. then u have another one. i spike tons of people late game because of that.

DSqUaReD44

Back to top Go down

Decks to Beat: Next Level Blue - Page 2 Empty Re: Decks to Beat: Next Level Blue

Post  aceben3 Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:47 pm

.....or you could just have a card that you don't have to jedi mind trick someone into being useful.
aceben3
aceben3
Admin

https://tulsamagic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lazarus Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:59 pm

I was thinking of something like this for OKC:

// Lands
1 [GP] Steam Vents
1 [DIS] Hallowed Fountain
4 [ON] Flooded Strand
4 [ON] Polluted Delta
1 [DIS] Breeding Pool
1 [TSP] Academy Ruins
1 [SOK] Miren, the Moaning Well
7 [MR] Island (4)
1 [MR] Tree of Tales

// Creatures
2 [RAV] Loxodon Hierarch
4 [FUT] Tarmogoyf
3 [FD] Trinket Mage

// Spells
4 [CS] Counterbalance
4 [MR] Chrome Mox
2 [FD] Engineered Explosives
1 [SOK] Pithing Needle
4 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top
1 [TSB] Tormod's Crypt
3 [FD] Vedalken Shackles
4 [7E] Counterspell
4 [DIS] Spell Snare
3 [MR] Thirst for Knowledge

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [BOK] Threads of Disloyalty
SB: 3 [ON] Nova Cleric
SB: 3 [TSP] Ancient Grudge
SB: 2 [OD] Sphere of Law
SB: 3 [TSB] Tormod's Crypt

Of course, the Nova Clerics could be Ronom Unicorns instead, I don't know if the Clerics would actually be any good.
Lazarus
Lazarus

Back to top Go down

Post  aceben3 Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:15 pm

If anything, I think the Nova Cleric slots should be Krosan Grip or Indrik Stomphowler since those are good in the mirror. Grip is slightly better imo, tho if you play Snare then Stomphowler becomes better bc you can counter their Counterspell. Also, Stomphowler is good vs Ideal so thats something else to consider. But I still don't expect anyone but me to play that really.
aceben3
aceben3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lazarus Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:17 pm

I do kind of like the idea of Stomphowler. I guess I was getting greedy with the idea of going 3 for 1 against Ideal.
Lazarus
Lazarus

Back to top Go down

Post  aceben3 Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:23 pm

I mean Cleric is really good against them but basically, so what? Also don't forget they can go get Deed first.
aceben3
aceben3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lazarus Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:10 am

Hrm. On StarCity Gerry Thompson just wrote a fairly convincing argument as to why Hierarch is so bad in the maindeck. From the forum post:

I dont think that Domain Zoo is a bad matchup. Threads is your best card against them and you only have access to two of them post board. It seems like your boys placed a lot of faith in Loxodon Hierarch instead, but thats wrong for several reasons. First, you dont have any basic Plains or Forests so even casting that Hierarch is probably going to cost you three life. Second, Zoo can easily kill it with Flames, Might, Vindicate, Terminate, etc and then youre in the same hole you were in before.

Hierarch is much better against against RDW because the majority of their deck is burn spells, but without basics, the card isnt very effective. Threads is going to take their best guy and give you a blocker, all a turn sooner. Theres just no reason to run Hierarchs main when you havent even maxed out on Threads yet.

So I'd probably switch the Hierarchs over to the board and bring 2 Threads back into the main.
Lazarus
Lazarus

Back to top Go down

Post  aceben3 Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:55 am

so basically their build was already the best you could do? imagine that. Very Happy
aceben3
aceben3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lazarus Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:10 pm

Yeah, amazing that (semi-)pro's can build better decks than me. Maybe it's those hundreds of games of testing.
Lazarus
Lazarus

Back to top Go down

Post  aceben3 Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:49 am

yeah. that wasn't meant to be condescending, i just think that some people try to change lists that don't need to be changed at all. i think the trick is to read as much as you can about their explanations, think for yourself, and know when to trust a better player. the vast majority of lists can be improved on especially if the metagame changes or local meta is different. it's just a matter of knowing the builder, etc. and of course no harm done if you make changes and decide later that you're wrong. so yeah no offense i hope...

/rant
aceben3
aceben3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GerryT Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:18 pm

Semi pro? Crying or Very sad
GerryT
GerryT

Back to top Go down

Post  snoozeallday Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:17 pm

GerryT wrote:Semi pro? Crying or Very sad

lul gerryt
snoozeallday
snoozeallday

http://www.myspace.com/jkassem

Back to top Go down

Post  aceben3 Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:09 pm

looool hahahahaha got my lulz for the day
aceben3
aceben3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2